Things you should know before a visit to Peaceful Valley Resort
- We are not actually in the town of Lyons; it is about a 25 minute drive up the canyon to the ranch from the town. I recommend that guests take highway 7 out of Lyons. Many nav systems direct you through Jamestown. The Jamestoun route includes a steep and winding road, the last few miles of which are unpaved..
- Verizon and Sprint cell service is available on the ranch property. Cabins, and most rooms have in room phones; long distance calls are $.26/minute.
- WiFi is available in all public areas and most of the lodging (doesn’t reach Buffalo Run lodge, Whistling Pines, Rock Rest, Mountain View, Aspen View and Wolf Creek cabins).
- There are no TV’s in any of the cabins or guest rooms at the ranch. We have two TV lounges in the main lodge that are available 24 hours a day.
- There is no ATM at the ranch. There is an ATM at the bank in the town of Lyons, about 25 minutes away.
- Check in is at 4:00. Check out is by 11:00. If possible, we will allow early checkin and late checkout, but this must be confirmed with the office staff. If you are arriving on the day of a wedding ceremony, it is possible you won’t be checked in to your room before the ceremony. If you plan to arrive after 8:00 p.m., please notify the office.
- Our dining room serves 3 meals a day by reservation: breakfast from 8:00-9:00, lunch 11:00-2:00, dinner 6:00-7:00 unless alternate arrangements have been made. 24 hours advance notice (call 303-747-2881) is required for dinner reservations. We serve lunch until 2:00 without reservations. The nearest restaurants are about a 25 minute drive away.
- The cabins are not set up for cooking – there is a mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker in each cabin. We do not allow pets in any of our lodging.
- Smoking is not allowed inside any ranch building. Smoking is allowed in designated areas.
- Every cabin has a hot tub. There is also a hot tub and a swimming pool attached to the main lodge. The pool area is open 24 hours a day.
- Guests may consume alcohol purchased offsite in their cabins and rooms. Personal alcohol may not be served or consumed in any public area. Guests may purchase alcohol from the ranch waitstaff during business hours.
- Our gift shop is available during business hours. We stock many toiletries and a wide selection of clothing and souvenirs.
- If the ceremony is outdoors, you are likely to be in the sun and sunscreen is recommended. Sunburns can happen fast at this high altitude (8500’) even on an overcast day. Don’t forget sunglasses and an umbrella. Weather changes fast in the mountains – be prepared for sun, rain, snow and/or wind.
- Horseback rides are available mid-May through mid-October, weather permitting. If any guests would like to ride horses during their visit, they will need to come prepared with long pants, preferably jeans. No capris or shorts are allowed on our trail rides. Riders must wear boots with a smooth sole and a heel. We have a boot room with plenty of boots to loan at no charge. Don’t forget socks!
- Altitude sickness is no fun! Remember to drink plenty of water, take it easy on alcohol and don’t overexert.
- If you’d like to check the weather forecast, look for “Ward, CO”; we’re closer to Ward than Lyons.
- The main office phone number is 303-747-2881. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the wedding coordinator at 303-747-8130 firstname.lastname@example.org